Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Aloha

My father worked for American Airlines, and with working for an airline comes privlidges.  So as teenagers, we got to travel to many places. We would have to go stand by, but we didn't care, we would just pack up our bags and go, and what ever flight had room is where we'd end up. One time we tried for Italy and ended up in Switzerland. This was the way we traveled, and I kind of got used to it. I just wish I took advantage of more than I did,  but at least my parents did.

 Anyway, this little sweetie reminded me of my trip to Hawaii and the fun we had on our little "adventure". You see, my Mom came up with this bright idea that since we were already half-way there, let's visit Australia. So my Dad calls up and books us on the next flight out. Only problem, we had summer clothes, and it was winter there... So it wasn't a well thought out plan on my Mother's part,, so we literally stayed for two nights and then flew back to sunny Hawaii, where I hope to go again some day. I used this little hula dancer called Kalei that you can find HERE




My angle shot:

I hope I inspired someone to join in on the fun, I can't wait to see what you come up with, just don't for get to use one of Mo's images. If you need more inspiration don't forget to visit the rest of the teams blogs they really out did themselves and came up with some great ideas just click HERE to see what they came up with and as Pat always says, don't forget to leave them a little love.

 Image: Mo's Digital Image:  Kalei      Sentiment: LOTV
 Paper: SU: Crumb Cake, DCWV
 Extras: Doily, WOC Flowers, Corner Punch, Nestibility, Rhinestones
 Image Colored with Copics

 I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which you can find HERE and the ribbon and charm from The Ribbon Girl which you can find HERE As always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world, and now that you're here why not leave me a little love as well your comments mean so much and always brighten my day.


 Hugs Debbie

9 comments:

Pat said...

Hey there Miz Debbie!! Well,first, let me tell ya, I loved reading about your traveling experiences. I had no idea your day worked for an airline...very cool! And the part about just popping over to Australia when you were visiting Hawaii because you were "already halfway there" nearly made me blow orange juice outa my nose! LOLOL! You crack me up!! I love your card, girlfriend! Such pretty papers and I love the pearl anklets! Your coloring is yummy...as always! Hugs. Pat Frank

Dorcas said...

Hey what a cool childhood!! LOve your Hawaii story, so funny!
Your card is too cute, the tropical colors are just perfect for it!

heidy said...

What a fun card Debbie,love it!
Hugs Heidy

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! Love the papers and the cute image! Great coloring and details! Loved your stories, too!

Tracy said...

You've got some great memories there Debbie. :-) I would love to be able to travel like that. You did a beautiful job on your little hula dancer and gave her a nice bright and cheery card to live on. Fantastic creation! Hugs!

Alina said...

lovely stories, Debbie, great memories, thanks for sharing!
and your card such a beauty!
hugs, Alina

Stacy Morgan said...

You were lucky to be able to fly lots of places. I didn't take my first flight till I got married. Boring I know. ha! This is adorble. Very Hawaii feel with the colors and flowers. Beautiful card.

Lynne in NI said...

Hee! Your holidays certainly sounded like real adventures!
Gorgeous card Debbie, that's such a sweet hula girl, pretty colour combo too!

Iulia said...

Hehe, your stories made me laugh! How amazing this was to be able to travel and see so many places! Oh, I wish my father was at least a bus driver instead of a veterinary:)). As a kid, we rarely left home, I had to wait until I got married to leave the house.
Anyways, I would also love to go toi Hawaii, and now, upon seeing your adorable card I wish so badly I was there!!!
Great mixture of colors on your card, looks so happy and cheeerful! And that green really conveys lots of optimism! Love this!